301 S Park Ave
Helena MT 59601
Montana Office of Tourism
PO Box 200533
Helena MT 59620-0501
Other Contact Information
The Montana Office of Tourismís
industry services supports nonprofit tourism organizations and
private-sector businesses in order to enhance and strengthen marketing
efforts that increase business, as well as provide opportunities
for the industry to unite and work together.
Disbursement of Funds to Certified Tourism Organizations
The Accommodations Tax law specifies that approximately 25 percent of the accommodations
tax proceeds to the Department of Commerce be returned on a pro-rated basis to six tourism
regions and twelve qualifying cities for their promotion as a travel destination or movie filming
Typical projects tourism organizations undertake include brochures, travel guides, television advertising, full-color and directory print ads advertising, internet marketing, publicity campaigns, convention marketing, and consumer and trade show exhibiting. Travel Montana's The Montana Office of Tourism's responsibilities include:
- Review of each project proposal to ensure compliance with Tourism Advisory Council (TAC) regulations and the law.
- Presentation of regional/Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) marketing plans and projects to the Tourism Advisory Council for approval. (Travel Montana Montana Office of Tourism will provide assistance in the development of marketing plans and projects for tourism organizations, if desired.)
- Annual program and financial audits of tourism organizations.
- Refinements of compliance procedures to provide a more streamlined process while meeting all legal and regulative requirements.
- . Facilitating the execution of projects between Travel Montana The Montana Office of Tourism and the regions and CVBs by developing two brainstorming/educational sessions per year planning and coordinating bi-annual meetings.
Current TAC Information
TAC meetings are always the first Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of February, June & October. Additional meeting information can be found on Mt.gov's statewide ecalendar.
Upcoming TAC meeting dates are:
October 3-5, 2011 - Ennis Community
February 6-8, 2012 - Big Horn Resort, Billings
June 4-6, 2012 - Dillon Community
October 1-3, 2012 - TBD
February 4-6, 2013 - Holiday Inn Conference Center Downtown, Helena
June 3-5, 2013 - TBD
October 7-9, 2013 - TBD